Thursday, December 6, 2007

Rocky Road

So it has not even been a week and things are moving so fast!

As I guess a lot of people, I decided to write down on these stupid blogs my thoughts, feelings etc of getting cancer. First I'm still in shock.

I had some pain and a hard, enlarged testicle. I'm the type of guy who just always gets better. I never really go to the doctor. So I thought things would just get better... a month goes by and it does not get better. It gets larger and starts to hurt more....My wife, Candace, says enough and gets me to sign up with a GP and see a doctor. Well the General Practitioner immediately looked at it and got serious...He thought it was testicular cancer.

That was last Wednesday night...he sent me to a urologist...guess what? Cancer. That was Friday morning. He sent me for ultra-sounds; blood work; then CT scans; x-rays; EKG's; more blood...I knew I was in trouble when they moved me through these medical tests in rapid time....Never heard of anyone never having to wait days or weeks for a CT scan, etc...

Then doctor said "yes, it was cancer" surgery on Monday!!! No time to let it sink in...

Operation went well; initial CT scans and ultrasounds looked good...I was thinking it was going to pass quick....too soon!! Saw an oncologist and it looks like some cancer moved to some lymph nodes...this means more surgery and maybe chemo (it all depends on how high blood marks will be next time I get them done).

Good news is that Testicular Cancer has a great cure rate; just a Rocky Road ahead to get there!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a 24/7 Cancer Society number for questions & information:
800-227-2345

God bless.

admin said...

Thank You